Stefan

Custom email for mobile site login.

This is a bit related to an earlier request for variables in the subject field.

Using default settings when logging in to the /mobile site, you get and e-mail with a pincode.

I can't find a template for this e-mail, so I don't know how to customize this.

In a perfect world, I would have the pin present in the subject field. Ig not there, at least in the first line in the body of the e-mail.

This would make it easier for the users to read the pin on the mobile device instead of having to flip from the browser to email client where they need to actually open the mail, and then switch back to browser.

On most phones today, having the pin in the subject or first line of body, would make it readable at a glance.

The attached image shows how it looks today, requiring you to open the mail to see the pin.

email.png

Hi Stefan,

This email message has no email templates at this stage unfortunately, so we will need to look into changing this in a future release - thanks for the suggestion.

Regards

Click Studios

Actually, instead of waiting for us to add in a new template for this, for now we have modified the subject line for you - it will now read "Passwordstate Temporary Pin Code - 1234".

This will be available in the next release (build 7721), due in a couple of days.

Regards

Click Studios

Hi There

We like to use the feature for temporary emailed pins, to send textmessages to our mobile devices. We are already using a mail2textmessage provider, which is just sending the email subject.

I just configured the temporary email-settings and I get a textmessage with the following content: "Passwordstate Temporary Pin Code". When I send this message to a emailaddress I get the this text as subject. The Pin code is only available in the email-body.

As I understand your postings above, I should recieve a textmessage/mail with the content/subject "Passwordstate Temporary Pin Code - 1234".

But unfortunately it doesn't seams to work. We are using build 7868.

Can you tell me, why this is not working?

Best regards,

Fabian

Hi Fabian,

The email thread above is for authenticating to our mobile client, not the main web UI. We'll need to add this as a feature request for you, and we'll include it in the next release. We'll report back here once the new build is available.

Regards
Click Studios