The process could not connect to Subscriber

I'm running v7.5 (Build 7539). I'm trying to setup a new HA subscriber to my installation. After the subscriber has been successfully created, when I view the synchronization status, I see the message "The process could not connect to Subscriber." With this being the case, the DB is never replicated to the subscriber. I have allowed UDP ports 1433 & 1434 and sqlbrowser.exe through the subscriber's Windows firewall. I'll be glad to provide any needed additional information.

Hi NOC,

Does this article help at all with this SQL Replication issue - http://dba.stackexchange.com/questions/96524/sql-server-2014-replication-the-process-could-not-connect-to-subscriber-xxx? 

We can't be sure by the error alone, but did you have a look at the section '4. SQL Server Considerations' in the following document - https://www.clickstudios.com.au/downloads/version7/High_Availability_Installation_Instructions.pdf. It refers to permissions on both databases, and seems to be in-line with the article above.

Let us know if this helps at all.

Regards

Click Studios

Hi,

Thanks for your response. Yes, I followed the section 4 of those instructions and I had gone through the article that you posted. I believe everything is correct for those permissions. Replication has been successful on a current server that we have been using, but we decided to move the HA to a different server. As far as I can tell, all the settings on the new server are the same as the old server, but I just can't replicate.

Ni Noc,

Unfortunately we don't have any more suggestions as to why this would be occurring for you - normally our instructions for setting up replication work fine.

Do you have any support hours with Microsoft where you could log a call with them - I'm sure it will be a lot quicker than us trying to troubleshoot this issue?

Regards

Click Studios

Hi,

Would it be possible to delete the Publisher and Subscriber and start again from scratch using our instructions?

The main issues we've seen relates to this comment in our document 'This domain account must be a member of the db_owner fixed database role in the ‘Distribution’ and both ‘passwordstate’ databases. It must also have write permissions on the snapshot file share area'.

Do you see any data in the Snapshot folder on the HA database server? I'm assuming not if you are experiencing the error above.

When I google "sql The process could not connect to Subscriber", most of the articles say that it is a permission issue. Maybe by starting from scratch again it might help.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.

Regards

Click Studios

Hi,

I do see data in the Snapshot folder. The distributer and publisher should be fine since I've already been running HA for a while now. It's the subscriber that's new. I agree that it appears to be a permissions issue, but the AD account I'm using is a member of the distribution and both Passwordstate databases. I've already tried deleting the publisher and subscriber several times, but I end up with the same result. Also, the subscription works fine on my old server.