Sign in to follow this  
scubes13

Chrome Plugin No Longer Entering Credentials

For the last several months, on various version of Mac (10.10/10.11), various versions of Chrome (currently  47.0.2526.80) and multiple versions of Passwordstate (currently V7.5 Build 7515) I have had an issue where any site that I go to, I have to manually go into Passwordstate web GUI, search for the site and copy the credentials. The extension (currently 7.2.2.3) no longer will fill out any of the web login screens.

In most cases, it will show the users in the drop down from the menu bar button. However, it will never enter that information into a website.

Any ideas of what is going on?

Hi scubes13,

We're not exactly sure what is going on here, as we haven't had any other reports of this issue so far.

When you say "it will show the users in the drop down from the menu bar button" - is that when the icon goes yellow? If so, this is by design as it has found more than one login credential, and you will need to pick which one the extension logs in with.

Let me know if I've misunderstood.

Regards

Click Studios

Let me correct myself or take a step back...

When I go to a site that has a single user account in PS, the extension will not enter the credentials. Instead, my options are:

- Passwordstate Web Site

- Generate Password

- Show Password in Passwordstate

Hi scubes13,

Thanks for the clarification, and if there is only one record, then it should be auto-filling those credentials.

Do you have any other browser extensions installed that we could temporarily try and disable? Also is it happening for all sites, or only specific sites?

Regards

Click Studios