Sign in to follow this  
nick.welch

Auditing Permissions and collapsible menu

Hi,

I am currently still testing our installation of passwordstate within the business and have a couple of questions regarding fuctionality.

Can you please confirm what permissions are required for users to be able to view Auditing information for password lists? 

We currently have it setup so that users get the minimum permissions possible, the only way I have seen so far for a user to be able to view audting data is if they have a minimum of 'Modify' permissions on a shared list.

Is there an option so that the user can only have read permissions but also reporting?

Secondly.. whenever a user logs into passwordstate the password tree is always fully extended... this is annoying when we have hundreds of folders or passwords lists and the user has to collapse each tree to make it easier to navigate.. hopefully I'm just missing something here but is there an option so the navigation tree is collapses on login?

kind Regards

Nick.

Hi Nick,

For the auditing, there is a system setting which allows you to control who can see the auditing data, based on their permissions - see screenshot below. Can you check what these are set to? There are other options for hiding the 'Recent Activity' grid, and the Reports -> Auditing menu, but these aren't based on users permissions to Lists.

For the Navigation Tree, this expand/collapse status is a per user setting, and every time you log in it remembers the previous state. You can collapse all items in a folder by holding the Control Key down when you click the folder, but we don't currently have the option to show all folders collapsed on login (we could add a feature request for you if you like). Have you tried using the search filter in the navigation tree - this may help your find what you're looking for a little quicker.

Can you let us know if this helps at all?

post-1-0-17407500-1438295125_thumb.png

Regards

Click Studios

Hi,

Many thanks for that!

The auditing works perfectly now.. I allow permissions to view auditing data in the system settings then restrict these down by using security groups and menu access settings.

Regarding the Tree Collapsing, that's a great work around at the moment to be able to Hold CTRL and collapse the tree, though in the future it would be great if we could decide this by a check box in the 'User Account policies' maybe? So new years are defaulted.

One last thing that is bugging me if that's ok... I remember in a previous version of passwordstate there was the option to disable the userguide for new users when they first login.. but I can't find this option anywhere on the latest release! Does this still exist or was I imagining it all along??

Many thanks

Nick.

Hi Nick,

I believe the userguide you're referring to is found on the screen Administration -> System Settings -> User Acceptance Policy, and there are 3 options here - one can be to turn off completely. This feature hasn't changed for many years.

Let me know if I've misunderstood you here, and we've added a feature request for you for the default collapsed folder/Password Lists request.

Regards

Click Studios

Hi,

Thanks for submitting the feature request for me.

Regarding the user guide, it is not the 'User Acceptance Policy' i'm talking about it is the 'User Guide' which appears when the user logs in for the first time.. I wan't to be able to disable this.

Also, if a user account is deleted, is the auditing data for this user also deleted? Or Purged after a certain amount of days?

thanks

nick.

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the clarification and we will add this option into the next release to disable the Guided Tour for new user accounts - it's accessible under the Help Menu if needed anyway.

When you delete a User Account, all auditing data is retained - this is required for compliance reasons, and historical reporting.

Regards

Click Studios