abj

Visibility of passwords in private password lists

Hello,

We're experiencing some behavior with private password lists, that seems to be contrary to what's published here and I was wondering if others have the same issue and/or if I'm just misinterpreting how things work.

I have created a private password list and have disabled the ability to export passwords for the list. The only user that has permissions to see the list is myself. 

Another user that is a security admin is able to go in and copy the password from my private password list to a shared password list and then able to view the password. This essentially makes passwords in my private password list visible to all security administrators. Is there another option that I need to enable to make my passwords truly private? Or is this a bug or intended behavior? 

We're on version 7.2 build 7273. 

Thanks,

Abhi

Hi Abhi,

Could you describe where the security admin is able to go in and copy the password from? Do they see the Password List in the normal Navigation Tree, or are they accessing from within the Administration area? If you can tell us the exact steps, we'll see if we're able to reproduce it or not.

Private Password Lists are meant to be private only to the person who has created it. The only time we've seen contrary to this is when someone converts a Shared Password List to a Private one, but doesn't clean up the permissions before they perform the convert.

Thanks

Click Studios

Hi Abhi,

Thanks for emailing us the information, and this is definitely a bug. We released Build 7277 today which includes a fix for this, and thanks again for reporting it.

Regards

Click Studios