Sign in to follow this  
scubes13

Chrome Extension Not Grabbing Settings

I am using Chrome ( 41.0.2272.104 (64-bit) ) on Mac OS X 10.10.2.

I have Passwordstate V7.1 (Build 7185) installed.

I have the Chrome Passwordstate extension (Extension Build 7185) installed.

Regardless of how many times I go to the Passwordstate server and login, the extension never "programs itself". It remains red.

I have disabled all other extensions in Chrome. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Passwordstate extension.

What am I missing?

Hi scubes13,

We just tested this with Chrome 41.0.2272.89 on Mac OS X 10.10.2, and it appears to be working fine.

In Passwordstate, can you go to the screen Administration -> System Settings -> Miscellaneous tab, and check if the Site URL (Base URL) is accurate - this is the only thing we've come across in testing of this new version which could cause this. Maybe we need to look into using just the URL in the address bar, instead of the value stored here.

Let us know how you go.

Regards

Click Studios 

Ok, I am back.... :)

PasswordState 7.2 (Build 7243)

PasswordState Extension Build 7185

Chrome 42.0.2311.135 (64-bit)

OS X 10.10.3

I have no extensions installed in Chrome other than the PasswordState Extension.

I have logged into my PasswordState account. No matter what page I go to, the extension remains red. It never turns white.

I have already double checked the URL in the Miscellaneous section of the System Settings. It hasn't changed.

This is working on another Mac.

The Mac with the issue is a brand new machine, new install, and all new software installs.

Hi scubes13,

As of build 7223, this extension no longer relies on URL field in the System Settings screen being correct. There are only two other things which should prevent this from working:

• Are you using a non-trusted SSL Certificate - like the Self-Signed one we install? I would have thought this would also affect the Mac as well though
  • If you go to the screen Administration -> Browser Extension Settings -> Allows to use this Extension tab, what permissions are applied here?

If none of this help, can you contact us via our Support page, and we'll organise a Remote Desktop session to troubleshoot further with you.

Regards

Click Studios

We figured out what the issue here was today.

The customer had the site in IIS configured for Port 9119, but had a NAT redirect on their firewall from Port 443 to Port 9119, and was accessing the site via the URL of https://<SiteURL> - this was the cause of the issue. As soon as we changed the port in IIS to 443, everything started working.

Hopefully this will help some other customers if they run into the issue.

Regards

Click Studios