Safari - Save Button Issue

PS: 7.1.7123

Mac: 10.10.2

Safari: 8.0.3 (10600.3.18)

When adding a password in PS, if I use Safari and click the "Save" button, the system still shows me the "Add New Password" screen. Nothing "seems" to happen.

So, I usually press "Save" a second time. Same thing, nothing appears to happen.

The password list behind/under the Add New Password window remains unchanged.

Then I press the Cancel button and the window closes.

With the "Add New Password" window closed, when I refresh the Password List, the password entry I just tried adding suddenly shows up. And, because I hit Save twice, I now have two copies.

"Save and Add Another" appears to work just fine. It saves the entry, I see it show up in the password list behind/under the Add New Password window. And it advances to a clear/empty form for the next password.

Help? :)

Hi scubes13,

We've done some testing this morning - we added around 10 password records, and were able to reproduce what you are seeing only the once. Do you have any extensions installed for Safari which could be interfering - we've seen issues with LastPass cause problems before?

Regards

Click Studios

• 1 month later...

Hi Jeff,

We just tested this in Safari 8.0.3, and can't seem to replicate the issue. Did you recently upgrade to Build 7223 or 7243? If so, can you please try clearing the cache in Safari? We updated the ZeroClipboard component in build 7223, and some customers have needed to clear their cache to pick up the new version of this file. If it is still using the old version out of cache, it can prevent the Copy to Clipboard feature from working, plus also saving new records.

Can you let us know if this resolves it at all?

Regards

Click Studios

• 9 months later...

Hi Jeff,

We finished updating one of our Macs to El Captain. When we first tried to save a record, we witnessed this issue of it not being able to close the window when you hit the Save button - it did save the record though.

After we refreshed the screen a second time though, we are unable to reproduce the issue again - we close Safari and opened it again, and even rebooted - but the window is now closing for us every time.

We did notice a small JavaScript error when hitting the Save button, and we've fixed that for the next release, but we do not believe this was causing the issue, otherwise it would fail for us ever single time.

Regards

Click Studios