Sign in to follow this  
scubes13

Two Prompts for Auth (PS 7.1.7123 + AD + DUO)

I have a 7.1 (build 7123) server.

It is set to authenticate against a MS Active Directory server.

It is also set to use DUO Security 2FA upon login.

When I go to the PS website from a computer NOT on the domain, I get an HTTP Auth "type" user/password prompt.

I then get a second web GUI screen that once again prompts me for my Domain/Username, Password and then the "Send Push" button for DUO.

Is there any way to cut down on the need for me to input my user/password twice when logging in like this?

I'd have expected to have seen the HTTP Auth type prompt and then just the "Send Push" prompt....

Hi Scubes13,

This HTTP Auth "type" user/password prompt is normal behaviour for IIS, and nothing to do with Passwordstate, if the desktop computer is not joined to the domain i.e. a Windows Machine that hasn't been added to the domain, or a Mac/Linux PC.

The only way you can avoid this is to enable 'anonymous' authentication for the site in IIS. Before making this change, I would first select the 'Manual AD and Duo Push Authentication' option on the screen Administration -> System Settings -> Authentication Options tab.

Regards

Click Studios

Hello,

The following forum post explains why you are seeing this prompt, and it's generally Suggestion 1 that fixes it - https://www.clickstudios.com.au/community/index.php?/topic/152-why-am-i-being-prompted-to-enter-my-authentication-details/

But as you also have Mac clients, I would instead suggest enabling Anonymous Authentication for the site in IIS, and then your Mac users will also not see this prompt.

I hope this helps, and please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards
Click Studios