Upgrading to Passwordstate 9 - Cannot paste into notes field

support

Issue:

After upgrading to Passwordstate 9, some users have reported that they can no longer paste text into notes fields in Password Records.

Fix:

This is some sort of caching issue, and we've now updated our Health Check Utility to clear IIS cache, so any new upgrades to Passwordstate 9 from Version 8 should be resolved.

If you are still experiencing this issue, please run a Health manual upgrade of Passwordstate, and this will fix the issue.  When you do a manual upgrade, it will replace all the files on disk with the latest version.  Even if you are already running the latest version, this will still remove all files on disk and replace them with new ones of the same version, which is effectively doing a "repair" of your files.

To perform a Manual Upgrade, please following Section 5 of this Document:  https://www.clickstudios.com.au/downloads/version9/Upgrade_Instructions.pdf

Regards,

Support

sure cool, thanks for the information.. I will do this upgrade asap but I would also like to know if there is a list of other known issues on this app after upgrading to version 9073 are there any more known issues besides this one to be aware of?

Thanks,

Lennart

Hi there,

I did the manual upgrade but did not get any prompt to upgrade the database after I logged in to Passwordstate.

Could this be because I already did this when I did the in place upgrade to version 9073?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

//Lennart

22 hours ago, support said:

Issue:

After upgrading to Passwordstate 9, some users have reported that they can no longer paste text into notes fields in Password Records.

Fix:

This is some sort of caching issue, and we've now updated our Health Check Utility to clear IIS cache, so any new upgrades to Passwordstate 9 from Version 8 should be resolved.

If you are still experiencing this issue, please run a manual upgrade of Passwordstate, and this will fix the issue.  When you do a manual upgrade, it will replace all the files on disk with the latest version.  Even if you are already running the latest version, this will still remove all files on disk and replace them with new ones of the same version, which is effectively doing a "repair" of your files.

To perform a Manual Upgrade, please following Section 5 of this Document:  https://www.clickstudios.com.au/downloads/version9/Upgrade_Instructions.pdf

Regards,

Support

Hi there,

I did the manual upgrade but did not get any prompt to upgrade the database after I logged in to Passwordstate.

Could this be because I already did this when I did the in place upgrade to version 9073?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

//Lennart

On 3/27/2021 at 1:04 AM, support said:

Hi Lennart, without knowing the full history of your upgrade process, yes the database must be on version 9073 already if it did not upgrade after you upgraded the install files.

Regards,

Support

alright thanks Admin!