Unable to perform backups after upgrading to version 9

NThunder

Hi,

Earlier today I upgraded passwordstate from v8 to v9 (build 9073) and since then I have been unable to get backups to work (they were working without issue in v8). When testing permissions, the task appears to be unable to test writing files to the Passwordstate folder and returns the error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object". After the upgrade I ran the health checker which returned no issues and our permissions for the domain account running Passwordstate haven't changed either. When I try running a backup manually it fails at compressing and backing up the web files as well. Everything seems to be pointing to the account not being able to access the Passwordstate folder but I cannot find any issue with the permissions of the account used for backup. It is a local administrator of the server and has logon as a batch job permissions as well. I've run through the automatic backups documentation for passwordstate but no luck so far.

image.png.18ef552f56ea003a1c8c530e0d3e12c3.png

Is there something I could be missing or could something be corrupt in the install?

Hello,

Could you please contact us via the following page for this https://www.clickstudios.com.au/support.aspx, and provide the following information:

• Are you using a Local Windows Account, or Domain Account
  • Show screenshots of your password record, and your backup settings screen
  • Show a screeenshot which shows the NTFS permissions on the Passwordstate folder on your web server i.e. c:\inetpub\passwordstate
  • And confirm if your backup account has Administrator rights on your Passwordstate web server or not

Thanks

Click Studios

Archived