License Changes

Tom Collis

I've been looking forward to version 9 for many months, the biggest feature I'm interested in is offline access via the mobile app.

What really caught me by surprise was the changes to the pricing model. I'm all up for passwordstate increasing the price as the product works well but I just wasn't expecting it.

I'm running a 2 users setup, on one server, the biggest things we use are Password Resets (resetting user accounts via AD sync) and the Browser Extension for Google Chrome, so we aren't copying and pasting passwords, obviously with version 9 I wanted to use the mobile app, but given we were using the free version and I didn't expect a cost, I hadn't budgeted for it.

Is anyone able to clarify if the following features for a 2 user, 1 server setup are indeed paid for features after the upgrade to version 9?

• AD Password Resets
  • Browser Extensions

I've attached the screen shown when you upgrade to Build 8995 for others to see and the message on Passwordstate's home page which has now been removed.

Build8995-Message.png

Build9000-Homepage.png

Hi Tom,

I saw this as well and you can read more here.

We can see the clearification on this page that you do need "Annual support and upgrade protection" license for these features to be accessible in version 9+
Minimum license you can buy is 5 so for 1-5 users = 55$ per year.

bild.thumb.png.71305c1fe916ce852e6f894d47d2bc10.png

If i do not misinterpret the information :)
Let's see the clarification from @support

Regards

Tony
Haagen IT Partner AB

Hi Guys,

Yes, there has been some licensing changes in version 9. Yesterday we were quite busy with the release, and today we will communicate this to all paying customers, and on social media.

With your screenshot above Tom, please click Shift Refresh in your browser, as it seems you are seeing a cached version of our web site.

And as Tony mentioned, a yearly maintenance cost of $55.00 will unlock these features for you.

Regards

Click Studios

Thank you for your replies,

Unfortunately, I can't see how to purchase annual support and maintenance for $55 on it's own.

Am I right in thinking that I would also need to buy 5 users as a one-off payment for $275?

Regards

Tom

I don't see how to get this pricing. If I go to the Buy Now page, the best I can see for 5 users is $573.54. It's $434.50 for the licenses and $86.90 for the maintenance, both ex GST. Could you clarify please, Support?

As an aside, ~$600 is a tough price hike to swallow (from $0 previously, I was using the free version while I spruiked it to customers) with no notice - the 8995 build was released only yesterday so I didn't see the post-upgrade notification; and now my 8993 deployment wants to go straight to 9050.

Hi Guys,

You do not need to but the 5 licenses - just the maintenance on them. We are still giving away $275.00 USD's worth of licensing, but your will need active maintenance to unlock certain features - which costs $55.00 USD per year.

If you would like to purchase this maintenance, please send an email to sales@clickstudios.com.au and request a Buy Now link to purchase this online - make sure you mention your currency David is AUD, and not USD.

Regards

Click Studios

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Just to let you know, we are going to be changing the licensing for our Free customers in the next build, where all features and upgrades will be available. The only thing that will not be avaiable is technical support, and you will need to purchase that if required.

Regards

Click Studios

Archived