Access denied with a permalink, insufficient rights

Josep

Hi team!

When I try to access to a password record with a permalink (https://<my-site>/pid=12345) I get the following error page https://<my-site>/error/insufficientpermissions.aspx

black-error-16.png Insufficient Privileges

It appears you do not have the correct permissions to view this password record, Password List, or page. If you believe this should not be the case, please contact one of your Password List Administrators to investigate why.

The site doesn't ask me for a user and password to log in before try to access to it.

Can you help me with that?

Thanks!

Hi Josep,

Unfortunately this is a bug in the latest release (Build 8989). The only working around before we provide a fix, is to first authenticate to Passwordstate, and then open your permalink.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and we will email you once the next release is available.

Regards

Click Studios

• 1 month later...

Hi,

we had upgrade to build  8993 and we have the same problem.

But one case change. 

If the user is not logged in and open the permalink, they get an login page now and can request access.

but if the user is logged in and have no permissions, the upper message is displayed again.

Do  you have an Idea?

Regards

Tobias

Hi Tobias,

Thanks for reporting this - basically the functionality is working as intended, but we are just redirecting you to different pages when you use the different methods.

We will look into making this consistent in version 9, but for now, when logged in, users can request access for the main Request Access to Passwords menu on the left hand side of the screen.

Regards

Click Studios

Archived