Browser Extension Login

Rathinger

Hello,

I am just testing Passwordstate to see if that might be our new password management tool. I installed the Chrome Browser extension and the icon changes from red to black once I logged in to Passwordstate. After reboot I have the same red icon and need to login to passwordstate again.

Is that the expected behaviour of the tool or should it just ask for pwd or so??

Hello Rathinger,

No, that is not the default behaviour - you should stayed logged in, after restarting your computer of browser.

Can you see if someone has changed the default settings on the screen below? If they haven't, then you may be having issues with your API in Passwordstate, and we will need to ask some more questions to try and figure out this cause.

bextension.png

Regards

Click Studios

Hello,

the settings are the same like in the screenshot. I also tested the Help/Web API Documentation link and clicked Standard API Documentation, which works fine.

On the other hand, I always get error messages when I try to create a report. The Error Console shows "Please ask your Passwordstate Security Administrator to check if the 'Base URL' field is correct on the screen Administratiom -> System Settings -> Miscellaneous tab. Error Code = The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden 

The Base URL shows the server address with http, like http://server01. Maybe these errors are related?

Hi Rathinger,

Unfortunately I don't think those two errors are related.  The browser extensions use the Passwordstate URL that you type into the Browser to authenticate, and don't reference the Base URL at all.

Are you possibly blocking any cookies at all in your browser?  Do you use a Load Balancer or a Proxy in front of your Passwordstate  website at all?

Regards,

Support

Hi Rathinger,

If the icon turns red for any reason, the user will need to authenticate back to Passwordstate to configure the extension again.  If they have MFA enabled on their Passwordstate login, then this will require them to use that MFA in order to configure the extension.

Regards,

Support

Archived