Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'backup'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Essentials
    • Announcements
  • Passwordstate 8.x
    • General Support
    • Feature Requests
    • Feature Requests - Completed
    • Known Issues
    • Installing Passwordstate
    • 3rd Party Hardware/Software Knowledge Forum
  • Knowledge Base
    • General FAQs
    • Password Resets
    • Remote Session Launcher
    • Mobile Client
    • Passwordstate API
    • Browser Extensions
    • Password Reset Portal
  • Passwordstate 7.x
    • General Support
    • Known Issues

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start





Website URL





Google Plus Account







Found 3 results

  1. Hi Can you please help? my initial backup is not working, getting an error "- Backup error detected - Object reference not set to an instance of an object." I have followed the instructions in section "Backups and Upgrades". I tried adding the backup account to the local admin group with no joy. Also tried my own admin account still did not work. when I test it I get the error "Test Failed - please check if the Backup Path, UserName and Password are correct, that the account you specified has permissions to the backup share, and to copy file into this directory." My production system works fine with no issues, please help. Thanks
  2. Hi, I have just set up the automated backup system that comes with PasswordState however it is unclear how I would be able to restore from backup. As a test I wanted to restore a backup to check if it works properly but I can't find the feature anywhere. How would one do this?
  3. I want to describe my experience when upgrading Passwordstate from a clean (first time) installation Versions: Current Build: Version 6.3 (Build 6350) New Build: Version 7.0 (Build 7033) Note: I am running Passwordstate on a server, that is not connected to a domain/AD. I had a fair bit of trouble with this, probably mostly due to the fact I am new to passwordstate, so I thought I would document for any other readers running into the same problem. My issue were primarily with getting the backup working. Here's what I did: I put in my userinfo and backup path to a shared folder on our server ( i.e. C:\<folder name>\ ) and I put in credentials for an administrator account and hit the "test settings" button. Nothing was happening, and I never got any error message. So I tried starting the upgrade process via the notification in the top of the passwordstate webapp, and I got the following error: Upgrade error detected - Index was outside the bounds of the array. - Method = StopWindowsServiceButton_Click What I did to solve this was: First change my account name from <account> to .\<account> (since I'm using a local account and not an AD account) Add permissions for the account "NT services\MSSQLSERVER" account: right click your chosen backup folder, select properties > security tab > hit Edit... button > click Add... > type in NT services\MSSQLSERVER > select MSSQLSERVER from the list > click OK After completing these two steps, I was able to succesfully test backup settings and get going with the upgrade. Regards, Gazhak
  • Create New...