In order to upgrade to version 5.0 of Passwordstate, you must first be using version 4.5.
To upgrade Passwordstate from version 4.0, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 or 4.4 to 4.5, please following these instructions:
- Backup your Passwordstate4 database
- Take a copy of the web.config file
- Uninstall Passwordstate from Control Panel (please note your database will not be touched during the uninstall)
- Once uninstalled, reinstall version 4.5 of Passwordstate – http://www.clickstudios.com.au/downloads/passwordstate4.zip
- Replace the web.config file from step 2
- Restart the Windows Service ‘Passwordstate Service’
- If you have modified the standard ‘passwordstate4’ cname DNS entry for the web site, or configured the web site to use a SSL certificate, you will need to redo these steps
- Browse to the Passwordstate web site, and it should take you to a page asking you to upgrade to version 4.5. You will need to specify an SQL account with sufficient privileges to alter table structures i.e the sa account, or an account with the ‘dbcreator’ role.