After more than 6 months of development, our first beta of Passwordstate 5 is now available for download.
If you’re interested in testing version 5, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org as we’ll need to generate a new license key for you. You can download version 5 from here Passwordstate 5 Beta, and the installation instructions are included within the zip file.
Some of the new features in version 5 are:
- Complete new user interface
- New and improved home page for searching across all Password Lists, quick access to favorites, and statistics for most active users and passwords
- Improved role-based access – read, modify and admin permissions to Password Lists and individual passwords
- Logical grouping of Password Lists in a navigation tree
- Customised fields per Password List
- Time-based access to passwords and Password Lists – either at a specific date, or when someone changes a password
- Handshake Approval for access – two List Administrators must approve access before a timer elapses
- Copy or move passwords between Password Lists
- 32 different audit items are now tracked and reported
- Active Directory or Forms-Based authentication
- Two-factor authentication for Active Directory authentication – ScramblePad
- Local or Active Directory Security Groups can be used for assigning permissions
- Synchronize access via Active Directory Security Groups membership
- High Availability module available – read only copy, using SQL Server to replicate data
- 12 different roles for Security Administrators of Passwordstate
- Word phrases added to the Password Generator
- Set expiry date on user accounts registered in Passwordstate – useful if someone was leaving your company
- Password reset recommendations when someone’s access to Passwordstate or Password Lists is removed
If during your testing you wish to import data from version 4.5, please be aware of the following:
- Please test on a different web server to that of where you currently have 4.5 installed
- Audit records will not be imported across, as the structure has changed
- The concept of Personal Passwords is not available in version 5, but we do import Personal Passwords from version 4.5. Security Administrators can remove these if they do not wish to allow Personal Passwords for their organisation
- When upgrading from version 4.5, you cannot change your authentication method to Forms-Based Authentication – you must continue using AD authentication.
We truly appreciate all your help and suggestions to date, and we hope you enjoy the new version of Passwordstate.