Passwordstate 4.5 is now available with the following changes:
- New – Added Random Password Generator allowing bulk creation of passwords (Ref 45.01)
- New – Added optional feature for automatically generating a random password when creating a new password record (Ref 45.02)
- Fix- Fixed a bug where IPv6 IP Addresses could not be added to the Audit table (Ref 45.03)
For customers wishing to upgrade, please follow these instructions:
- Backup your Passwordstate4 database
- Download the latest copy of Passwordstate from here – http://www.clickstudios.com.au/downloads/passwordstate.zip
- Take a copy of the web.config file
- Uninstall Passwordstate from Control Panel (please note your database will not be touched during the uninstall)
- Once uninstalled, reinstall Passwordstate
- Replace the web.config file from step 3
- Restart the Windows Service ‘Passwordstate Service’
- If you have modified the standard ‘passwordstate4’ cname DNS entry for the web site, or configured the web site to use a SSL certificate, you will need to redo these steps
- When you first browse to Passwordstate, you will be asked to provide database credentials to upgrade some tables. This must be completed prior to making Passwordstate available to all users.
We hope you enjoy the new version of Passwordstate, and we thank you for your suggestions & kind support.